Man Dies Nearly One Month After Austin Accident
A 76-year-old man has died nearly one month after being involved in a crash in South Austin.
About the Fatal Austin Crash
KXAN reports the crash occurred on June 5 in the 11100 block of the South MoPac Expressway.
According to reports, Leslie Doleshal was exiting a private driveway when his vehicle was struck by a Toyota Tundra. Police said Doleshal failed to yield before the accident.
Doleshal was transported to the hospital as were the driver and a passenger in the Tundra. Doleshal died from his injuries on July 3 at 4:05 pm.
Anyone with information on the crash is urged to call the Highway Investigation Tip Line at (512) 974-8111.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash? Our experienced Austin car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating car accident injuries and was selected as one of the 2021’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Austin by Expertise.
Let our attorneys navigate the legal process and deal with the insurance companies so you can focus on getting better. Call today to speak with an attorney or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)