A Corpus Christi man was charged with two counts of intoxication manslaughter in connection with a fatal crash on Highway 361.
Details of the Fatal Corpus Christi Crash
According to KIII-TV, the fatal collision occurred just before midnight on August 13.
Police say 24-year-old Dylan Holland was driving a Dodge Ram pickup truck southbound on Highway 361 when he collided with a Lexus that was traveling north.
Two occupants in the Lexus were killed. They were identified as Juan Segundo, 44, and Angela Segundo, 42.
Holland was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
After investigating the crash, police determined alcohol likely played a contributing factor in the collision. Holland was charged with two counts of intoxication manslaughter.
Holland was processed at the City Detention Center and transferred to Nueces County Jail.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Contact an Experienced Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured by a drunk driver, call Thomas J. Henry Law for a FREE Case Review.
For more than 25 years, our law firm has worked to secure financial compensation for clients injured in auto accidents throughout Texas and across the nation. We have the experience and resources to ensure your case is handled effectively and aggressively.
Your time to file a claim is limited, so contact a drunk driving accident attorney today. Call Thomas J. Henry Law.