Man, Woman Arrested After Deadly San Antonio Crash
A man and a woman are in police custody following a fatal incident in which a vehicle struck and killed a person sitting at a VIA bus stop on San Antonio’s West Side.
Suspects Flee Scene After Bus Stop Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred Thursday in the 800 block of Culebra Road, near the North Navidad intersection.
A preliminary investigation suggests a woman was driving eastbound on Culebra Road with a male passenger and attempted to overtake another vehicle by driving in the center turning lane. The woman struck a concrete curb, then drove onto the side while where she struck the victim.
The vehicle continued eastbound and crashed into a chain-link fence. The woman and her male passenger fled the scene on foot. Both were apprehended a few blocks away.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The woman faces charges of intoxication manslaughter and failure to stop and render aid-death. The main is charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and possession of drugs.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? We have car accident lawyers in San Antonio who are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Our law firm is among the most respected personal injury firms in San Antonio and is the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas. Expertise has named Thomas J. Henry is one of the Best Car Accident Lawyers in San Antonio.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249