Motorcyclist Critically Injured in North Austin Crash
A motorcyclist was critically injured in a crash in North Austin early Wednesday morning.
Details of the North Austin Collision
According to CBS Austin, the crash happened shortly after midnight on Parmer Lane near the Interstate 35 frontage road.
Officials stated that the crash involved an unknown number of vehicles, but did state the motorcyclist was ejected from their bike at a high rate of speed.
The motorcyclist was declared a trauma alert and taken to St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center with critical, life-threatening injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Austin or a surrounding community, call Thomas J. Henry Law for help.
For more than 25 years, our law firm has helped clients recover compensation for their injuries and damages. We have built a reputation as a firm that gets substantial results and have built a team of leading injury attorneys supported by some of the best resources available to the legal industry.
Call now for your FREE Case Review with an experienced Austin car accident attorney. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.