Multi-Vehicle Crash in NW Austin Leaves One Adult, One Child Hospitalized
One adult and one child were taken to the hospital Sunday afternoon after being injured in a crash in Northwest Austin.
Details of the Northwest Austin Crash
According to CBS Austin, the crash occurred around 12:41 pm near the intersection of the southbound N US 183 service road and Pecan Park Boulevard.
Reports multiple vehicles were involved in the crash and at least one vehicle rolled over.
At least one adult was trapped in their vehicle. That patient was taken to St. David’s Round Rock with potentially serious injuries.
A child was also hospitalized at Dell Children’s Medical Center with potentially serious injuries.
Three other people involved in the crash declined transportation to the hospital.
Details of how the crash occurred were not immediately available. The crash remains under investigation.
2021 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information about Texas and San Antonio accidents was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 4,489 people were killed in Texas traffic crashes in 2021, marking a 15.22% increase from the 3,896 deaths reported in 2020.
- 04% of traffic deaths occurred in rural areas of the state, and 613 deaths were attributed to head-on collisions.
- An additional 239,539 people were injured in Texas traffic crashes in 2021 with 19,448 people suffering serious, incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a crash in Texas every 1 hour and 57 minutes
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 12 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash? Our experienced Austin car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating car accident injuries and was selected as one of the 2021’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Austin by Expertise.
Let our attorneys navigate the legal process and deal with the insurance companies so you can focus on getting better. Call today to speak with an attorney or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices