One Dead After Crash in Southeast Travis County
A man is dead as a result of a two-vehicle crash near the Circuit of Americas in southeastern Travis County.
Details of the Fatal Travis County Crash
KXAN reports the fatal crash occurred around 3:28 pm when two vehicles collided on FM 812. One of the vehicles caught on fire.
In addition to the person that died, two people were taken to St. David’s South Austin Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. Our Austin auto accident attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. We have a reputation for securing record-breaking verdicts, and we handle every case with the attention and tenacity it deserves.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)