A person was killed in Houston Monday morning when an SUV was crushed between two tractor-trailers.
Details of the Fatal Houston Trucking Accident
According to reports, the crash occurred around 11:35 am at the intersection of Interstate 10 eastbound and McCarty.
The details of the crash are still under investigation, but at least one person was killed when an SUV was crushed between two 18-wheelers at the intersection.
All lanes of I-10 eastbound were closed in the area immediately after the accident.
It is unclear if any others were injured in the wreck.
Truck Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- An estimated 538,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported crashes in 2019.
- 5,005 people were killed in truck accidents in 2019, with large trucks accounting for 10 percent of all vehicles involved in fatal collisions for the year.
- 9% of large truck drivers involved in fatal crashes had previously been involved in reported crashes – more than any other vehicle type.
- An additional 159,000 people were injured in truck crashes in 2019.
- Among the states with the most truck accident deaths were:
- Texas: 652 deaths
- California: 408 deaths
- Florida: 349
- Georgia: 204
- Ohio: 172
Call an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one were involved in a truck accident in or around Houston, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance.
Crashes involving large trucks and 18-wheelers often result in serious injuries. It can also be difficult for injured victims to recover fair compensation for the damages they have suffered. This is because truck accident cases are more complex than those involving regular car accidents. Making things more difficult is the fact that most trucking and transportation companies have teams of defense attorneys ready to challenge your claim.
Thomas J. Henry Law is committed to your recovery. Over the past 30 years, we have handled numerous truck accident lawsuits and secured record-breaking results on behalf of our clients. Do not wait, call now to speak with a Houston truck accident attorney about your case.