One driver was killed and a second driver was seriously injured as a result of a head-on collision along Highway 151 on San Antonio’s West Side.
Details of the San Antonio Head-On Crash
KSAT reports the head-on collision occurred around 2 am Sunday.
Police say a Dodge Nitro was traveling southbound in the northbound lanes of Highway 151 when it slammed into a Cadillac XTS. The driver of the Nitro was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Cadillac XTS sustained serious injuries and was taken to University Hospital. They were listed in serious but stable condition.
The deadly crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute and 7 seconds.
Hire an Experienced San Antonio Car Crash Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash in or around San Antonio, Texas, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance.
For more than 25 years, our law firm has helped injured clients recover fair financial compensation. We have the experience and resources to handle your claim with the tenacity you deserve.
Do not wait, our San Antonio car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to help you with your claim. Call now for your FREE Case Consultation.