One Driver Dead, Another Hospitalized After San Antonio Head-On Collision
One person is dead and another is in the hospital after a head-on crash in Northeast San Antonio.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Head-On Collision
According to KSAT, the fatal crash occurred around 2:30 am Thursday on Farm-to-Market Road 78 near Lakeview Drive.
Police say a male driver in a small sedan was traveling in the wrong direction on FM 78 when he crashed head-on into another car. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the other vehicle, a woman, was taken to Brooke Army Medical Center. Fortunately, her injuries were not considered life-threatening.
The accident remains under investigation, and authorities have not revealed if alcohol played a role in the crash.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Remove your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Injured in a Car Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have been injured in a car accident in or around San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law for a free case review. For nearly 30 years, our law firm has represented car crash victims across Texas. Over that time we have secured record-breaking verdicts and settlements. We have the resources and experience to handle your claim with the aggression and effectiveness you deserve.
Our San Antonio car accident attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. Do not wait, call now.