The Bexar County Medical Examiner has released the identity of a man who died following a two-vehicle crash in Atascosa County Saturday night.
Details of the Fatal Atascosa County Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 7:30 pm on Pleasanton Road.
Two vehicles, each with two occupants, collided. The passenger of one of the vehicles, identified as Samuel Paredes, 54, was ejected from one of the cars and pronounced dead at the scene.
Reports suggest there were no other major injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in car accidents in Texas in 2019, a .09% decrease from 2018.
- 735 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 597 people were killed in head-on collisions.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in car crashes in Texas with 15,855 people suffering serious injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2019:
- 1 person was killed in a crash in Texas every 2 hours 25 minutes.
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Injured in a Car Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash in or around San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our firm has built a reputation on securing favorable, record-breaking verdicts on behalf of our clients. We will work diligently to make sure you are in the best position to receive the compensation you deserve.
Our car accident attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to hear your claim. Call now for your free case review. Remember, Thomas J. Henry Law works on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your claim. Call today.