Helotes police are investigating a rollover accident that left three people injured Tuesday morning.
Details of the Helotes Car Accident
According to KSAT, the crash happened around 3 AM on Shaenfield Road near Canter Horse.
Police say the vehicle lost control for an unknown reason, sheared off part of a utility pole knocking out electricity to hundreds of homes, and overturned.
Three people were found outside the car when police arrived. At least one had been ejected from the vehicle. All three suffered serious injuries.
Lanes of the road were closed as police investigated the scene. Lanes were reopened by 5:30 AM.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, call Thomas J. Henry now to speak with a personal injury lawyer near you. Our San Antonio car accident attorneys have represented injured clients from San Antonio and surrounding areas for more than 25 years.
We are available 24/7 to assist you, and our firm works on a contingency fee basis which means you do not pay us anything unless and until we win your claim.