Reckless San Antonio Driver Causes Two Crashes in One Night
San Antonio police arrested a reckless driver Friday night after the motorists caused two accidents that same evening.
Reckless Driver Causes Multiple Collisions in San Antonio
News 4 SA reports a San Antonio driver was arrested late Friday evening following a multi-car collision in the 2700 block of SW Military Drive.
Officials say a black Dodge Challenger was traveling at a high rate of speed when it lost control and slammed into the driver side of a Honda Civic waiting to make a left turn onto Yarrow Boulevard. The force of the initial collision caused the Honda to be pushed into a Volkswagen that was stopped behind it.
The Driver of the Honda was pinned in the vehicle and had to be extricated. They were rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
The San Antonio police department determined the driver of the Challenger had been involved in a crash just prior to the incident at Military Drive and Yarrow Blvd. They were arrested and charged with failure to stop and give information and reckless driving.
2021 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information about Texas and San Antonio accidents was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 4,489 people were killed in Texas traffic crashes in 2021, marking a 15.22% increase from the 3,896 deaths reported in 2020.
- 04% of traffic deaths occurred in rural areas of the state, and 613 deaths were attributed to head-on collisions.
- An additional 239,539 people were injured in Texas traffic crashes in 2021 with 19,448 people suffering serious, incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a crash in Texas every 1 hour and 57 minutes
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 12 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds
Speak with Our Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers
Our team is experienced in handling car accident cases, and we have the knowledge and resources to help you get the full compensation you deserve. We are committed to your financial recovery as well as ensuring you receive treatment for your injuries.