Six People Hospitalized After Southeast Travis County Crash
Six people were hospitalized Saturday night following a crash near Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in southeast Travis County.
Details of the Travis County Crash
According to KXAN, the crash occurred in the 4400 block of SH 71 around 11:30 pm.
Emergency crews responded to find two people pinned inside a vehicle and several others injured.
STAR Flight transported one person with critical, life-threatening injuries to Dell Seton Medical Center. Three others suffered serious injuries.
In total, six people were hospitalized with injuries.
It is unclear how the accident occurred, and additional details on the vehicles and people involved were not available.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash in Austin? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, you undoubtedly have questions. Who is responsible for my injuries? Am I left paying the medical bills? Do I need an attorney? Fortunately, Thomas J. Henry Law is available 24/7 to help you in your time of need.
Call our law offices now to speak with an experienced Austin car accident attorney and get the answers you need. We offer FREE case consultations to all injured clients. Further, because we work on a contingency fee basis, if you chose to hire us you will pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
- Phone number: 512-520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, Texas 78745