Six-Vehicle Crash in Northeast Side San Antonio Leaves Two Hospitalized
Two people were hospitalized Thursday night as a result of a six-vehicle collision on San Antonio’s Northeast Side.
About the San Antonio Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred at the intersection of N. Weidner Road and Wurzbach Parkway. A woman was speeding on Wurzbach when she lost control and slammed into five other vehicles that were stopped at a stoplight.
The woman’s vehicle left the road and came to rest in a grass area off the shoulder. The woman was taken to Brooke Army Medical Center.
Another driver, also a woman, was taken to a hospital. Details on her injuries and condition were not immediately available.
Investigators are investigating the crash and are working to determine if alcohol was a factor in the collision. They did confirm, however, that speed played a role in the crash.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249