Speeding Suspected in San Antonio Crash that Killed Bicyclist
San Antonio police suspect speed was a factor in a fatal crash that killed a bicyclist late Tuesday night.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Bicycle Crash
KSAT reports the crash occurred on Basse Road near McCullough Avenue just after 10 pm Tuesday.
Officers at the scene said it appeared the 35-year-old woman was speeding before losing control of her vehicle, swerving, and hitting a man on his bike. The car then rolled over.
The bicyclist was killed in the crash. The woman and a baby in the car were taken to the hospital.
The crash remains under investigation. It is unclear if the driver will face charges for the fatal crash.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been Involved in a Bicycle Accident
Your actions immediately following a bicycle accident are important. In the case of any motor vehicle accident, it is paramount that evidence is preserved and an experienced bicycle accident lawyer is contacted. If you have been in a bicycle accident, follow these five steps.
- File a police report. Even if you do not think you are injured at the time of the accident, you may feel the effects hours or days later.
- Obtain driver and witness contact information. Be sure to get this information even if police have already included it in their report.
- Document what happened. Take pictures at the scene. As soon as possible after the accident, write down everything you can remember about what happened.
- Preserve evidence. Don’t get your bike fixed or replace your helmet.
- Decide how to proceed. If you decide to hire a bicycle accident attorney, do not talk to any insurance company until you have spoken with your attorney.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one was involved in a bicycle accident in or around San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Since 1993, our law firm has advocated for injured victims throughout Texas and the United States. We have the experience and resources to handle your case with the aggression and attention you deserve.
Do not wait and risk your claim to compensation. Call now for a FREE Case Review with an experienced bicycle accident attorney. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.