Two Adults, One Child Killed in Seagoville Crash
Two adults and one child are dead following a crash with a wrong-way driver in Seagoville early Sunday morning.
Details of the Seagoville Wrong-Way Collision
According to NBC-DFW, the crash occurred at 1:07 am on Highway 175, not far from the FM 1389 intersection.
Police say the driver of a blue Chevrolet was traveling in the wrong direction on Hwy 175 when police attempted to gain his attention. They shined spotlights at the vehicle to alert the driver he was driving in the wrong direction, but the driver accelerated and continued driving.
The driver later collided with a Toyota sedan, killing all three occupants in that vehicle. Police identified them as two adults and one child.
The driver of the Chevrolet was taken to a hospital in Dallas.
Police suspect intoxication was a factor in the crash. A warrant for a blood draw was issued on the suspect.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Speak with an Experienced Drunk Driving Crash Attorney
If you or a loved one were injured in a drunk driving accident in or around Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law.
For more than 25 years, our law firm has helped victims of car accidents recover fair compensation for their injuries and damages. We have a team of dedicated attorneys and staff supported by industry-leading technology and resources.
Do not wait, our Dallas car accident attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now for your free case review.