Two Dead in Central Austin Crash
Two people were killed early Thursday morning in a car crash in central Austin.
Details of the Fatal Austin Crash
KXAN reports the crash occurred around 1:30 am at the intersection of West 41st Street and Medical Parkway.
Details of the crash are sparse, but authorities say a car appears to have come to rest against a building at the intersection. They added that two people were ejected from a car.
ATCEMS reports that two people were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. A third was taken to the hospital with potentially serious injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in an Austin Car Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have been injured in a car accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law now for your FREE case consultation. Our firm has represented injured clients in Austin for more than 25 years. We have built a reputation for securing favorable, record-breaking verdicts and settlements for our clients and have taken on some of the largest defendants in the world.
Thomas J. Henry Law works on a contingency fee basis meaning you don’t pay us unless and until we win your claim. Call now to speak with an experienced car accident attorney in Austin, Texas.