Two Dead in Dallas County Crash, Leaves I-30 Closed
Two people died Monday morning as a result of a car crash in Dallas County.
About the Fatal Dallas County Crash
NBC-DFW reports the fatal crash occurred around 2:20 am in the eastbound lanes of Interstate 30 near Ferguson Road. At least two vehicles appeared to have suffered serious damage.
According to the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department, witnesses said a Chevrolet Trax was stopped in the left-center lane of the interstate with its hazard lights on. A Chevrolet Tahoe then slammed into the back of the Trax, causing the Trax to veer to the right median.
The Tahoe continued on passed the initial crash before colliding with a HOV zipper wall and stopping.
A man and a woman standing outside of the Trax when it was hit were killed. A woman inside the Trax was taken to Baylor Medical Center in critical but stable condition.
The driver of the Tahoe was transported to Baylor in stable condition.
Eastbound I-30 was closed between Ferguson Road and Jim Miller Road while crews investigated and cleared the scene. The crash remains under investigation.
Steps to Take After a Car Crash
- Immediately after a wreck, especially if you or someone else is injured, call 911 and ask for an ambulance.
- If a law enforcement officer arrives at the crash scene, be sure to give as many facts about the circumstances of the crash as possible.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can, even if you do not feel immediate pain following your car accident.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, including your vehicle, the other party’s vehicle, your injuries, and any other environmental factors that may have played a role in the wreck.
- Gather contact information for any witnesses to the car accident.
- After taking care of your well-being, contact a Texas car accident lawyer to discuss your case.
Injured in a Crash? Speak with a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were involved in a car accident in Dallas County, call Thomas J. Henry Law to take immediate action on your case. Texas law allows crash victims and their families to recover damages related to the crash and the pain and suffering that can linger after a collision. This financial recovery can help ensure your family’s future stability as you deal with the outcomes of your accident and injuries.
Do not wait. You have a limited time to file a lawsuit after a crash. Call now to speak with a Dallas car accident attorney.