Two Dead in Horrific Grand Prairie Truck Crash
Two men are dead after a semi-truck barreled into congested traffic in Grand Prairie on Monday.
Police Say Truck Driver Failed to Control Speed
According to NBC-DFW, the deadly crash occurred on US 287 between FM 661 and Prairie Ridge Road around 12:00 pm.
Authorities say traffic had become congested at a construction area along US 287, causing traffic to slow. The driver of a semi-truck failed to control his speed as he approached the congested traffic and slammed into three passenger vehicles.
The drivers of two of the vehicles, both adult men, died at the scene.
The crash remains under investigation. The condition of the truck driver was not immediately available.
2019 Truck Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- An estimated 538,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported crashes in 2019.
- 5,005 people were killed in truck accidents in 2019, with large trucks accounting for 10 percent of all vehicles involved in fatal collisions for the year.
- 9% of large truck drivers involved in fatal crashes had previously been involved in reported crashes – more than any other vehicle type.
- An additional 159,000 people were injured in truck crashes in 2019.
- Among the states with the most truck accident deaths were:
- Texas: 652 deaths
- California: 408 deaths
- Florida: 349
- Georgia: 204
- Ohio: 172
Contact an Experienced Dallas Truck Accident Attorney
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one to a trucking accident in Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Truck accidents are catastrophic, often resulting in serious injuries and deaths. The vast majority of these collisions are due to human error and are entirely preventable. If you were injured or if you lost a loved one to a preventable truck accident, you deserve compensation for your damages.
From medical bills to damages related to pain and suffering, Thomas J. Henry Law can help you recover the compensation you deserve. Compensation that can help put your family back on track.
Call now to speak with an experienced Dallas truck accident attorney. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.