Two people were killed and two others were injured on Sunday in a single-vehicle crash outside a fire station near Conroe.
Details of the Montgomery County Crash
The Houston Chronicle reports the crash occurred at the Caney Creek Fire Station on FM 1314 in Montgomery County around 8:30 am.
Firefighters at the station rushed outside after hearing an object slam into their building. They found a man walking around a wrecked Ford F-150.
Police believe the driver of the F-150 crossed over the center line of the road before slamming into a signal pole with a concrete base. The vehicle was ripped in half, and the sound the fire fighters heard was the driver’s side door striking the wall of the fire station. The door had flown nearly 300 feet.
Two men were ejected from the crash and declared dead at the scene. The man found walking suffered critical injuries but was later listed in stable condition. A fourth man was also hospitalized in critical condition.
The crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute and 7 seconds.
Call an Experienced Houston Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a crash in or around Houston, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance.
For more than 25 years, Thomas J. Henry has served clients across Texas and helped injured people recover fair compensation. We have the resources, experience, and reputation necessary to secure maximum compensation for your accident and injuries.
Do not wait, our Houston car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to help you with your case. Call now for your FREE Case Review.