Woman Charged with DWI in Head-On Collision with Off-Duty Deputy
A woman is facing her second DWI offense after causing a head-on collision with an off-duty Bexar County Deputy Monday night.
Details of the Bexar County DWI Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 10 pm near the intersection of FM 1346 and Loop 1604.
The deputy was on his way to work when he was struck head-on by another vehicle. Preliminary reports suggest the driver of the other vehicle, 30-year-old Katharine Broomfield, was driving on the wrong side of the road.
Broomfield suffered serious injuries in the crash and was taken to Brook Army Medical Center. Deputies that responded to the scene found an open alcohol beverage in her vehicle.
Brookfield is charged with DWI second offense which is a class A misdemeanor.
The deputy escaped the crash with minor injuries.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Contact an Experienced Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a car crash with a drunk driver, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance.
Since 1993, Thomas J. Henry Law has helped clients across Texas recover fair compensation for injuries and damages caused by car crashes. We have built a reputation as a firm that fights for its clients and gets results. Now it is time to let us help you.
Our San Antonio car accident attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now for your FREE Case Review.