Woman Killed in Suspected Drunk Driving Crash in Sequin
A woman was killed and two others are in critical condition following a wrong-way crash in Sequin, Texas. Police suspect drunk driving was a factor in the crash.
Details of the Fatal Sequin Crash
KSAT reports the fatal collision occurred around 3:10 am in the 1200 block of W. Kingsbury Street.
Police say a 52-year-old woman was driving a Jeep Liberty west on the eastbound lanes of W. Kingsbury when she collided with a Mitsubishi Outlander head-on.
The driver of the Outlander, a 22-year-old man, was rushed to a hospital in Kyle, Texas where he was listed in critical condition. A passenger of the outlander, 20-year-old Elizabeth Solis, was airlifted to a hospital in San Antonio where she succumbed to her injuries.
The driver of the Jeep told police she had consumed multiple alcoholic beverages before driving. She was taken to a hospital in Kyle.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Call an Experienced San Antonio Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident with a drunk driver, call Thomas J. Henry to take immediate action on your case.
For nearly 30 years, Thomas J. Henry Law has assisted clients injured in drunk driving accidents in San Antonio and surrounding communities. Over that time, we have built a reputation for being a firm that secures record-breaking verdicts and settlements.
We are fully committed to your recovery and satisfaction. We know the time after a crash is stressful and confusing. Our goal is to handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on what’s really important – getting better.
Call now for your free case consultation. Our San Antonio car accident lawyers are standing by 24/7, nights and weekends.