A 60-year-old woman has been hospitalized in serious condition following a major crash on San Antonio’s Northwest Side.
Details of the San Antonio Collision
According to KSAT, the crash occurred near the intersection of Tezel Road and Guilbeau Road around 12:58 pm Friday. Police said the woman was driving one of the vehicles involved but did not reveal how the crash occurred.
Police did say the woman may have been speeding and added that she was not wearing a seatbelt.
The woman was transported by ambulance to University Hospital.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been involved in a crash in San Antonio, call our law offices for a FREE case consultation. For the past 25 years, Thomas J. Henry Law has represented injured clients in San Antonio and surrounding areas. Our car accident attorneys are available 24/7 nights and weekends to assist you with your claim.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249