Austin Workplace Injury Attorneys
On the Job Injury Lawyers Serving Injured Clients in Austin and Surrounding Communities
Our Austin workplace injury attorneys fight for injured workers and help them recover after devastating work-related injuries. If you were injured on the job by a defective product or piece of equipment, or if your employer has failed to prioritize the safety of its employees, call Thomas J. Henry Law immediately for assistance.
The goal of our law firm is to protect your rights as an employee after a workplace accident, as well as to allow your employer to understand their mistakes so the same tragedies do not reoccur. Give us a call at (512) 347-1200 — our Austin work injury attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to speak with you, answer your questions, and provide you with a free consultation.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Know Your Rights as an Injured Worker
You are entitled to a safe workplace environment under federal law. There are steps that can be taken to help preserve your rights as a victim of a workplace accident. By understanding your rights as an employee, you can put yourself in the best position to receive the compensation you deserve.
These rights, provided by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), should be reviewed when seeking compensation if you have suffered a workplace injury. You have the right as an employee to:
- Be trained in a language you understand
- Work on machines that are safe
- Be provided required safety gear, such as gloves or a harness and lifeline for falls
- Be properly protected from toxic chemicals
- Request an OSHA inspection, and speak to the inspector with any concerns
- Report an injury or illness, and receive copies of your medical records
- Have access to copies of the workplace injury and illness log
- Review records of work-related injuries and illnesses
- Get copies of test results done to find hazards in the workplace
The Most Dangerous Occupations in Austin, Texas
In 2016, the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) reported a 3% increase in fatal occupational injuries, from 527 in 2015 to 545. According to 2012 data by the TDI, the following occupations were ranked as the most dangerous in terms of fatal workplace injuries:
- Tractor-trailer truck drivers
- Construction trade workers
- Installation, repair, & maintenance workers
- Agriculture, forestry, hunting, & fishing careers
- Oil & gas related occupations
- Trash collectors
- Health care assistants
- Steel workers
- Roofing employees
- Pilots & flight engineers
What are the Most Common Causes of Workplace Injuries?
According to the Texas Department of Insurance, the following are major causes of work-related injuries:
- Transportation-related incidents
- Transportation incidents continue to be the leading cause of fatal occupational injuries in Texas, accounting for 45% of all workplace injuries
- Falls, slips, or trips
- In 2016, TDI reported 90 incidents caused by falls on the job.
- Contact with objects and equipment
- There were 75 incidents of equipment-related injury in 2016.
Injured on the Job? Call Our Austin Workplace Injury Lawyers
Sustaining an injury at work will complicate your life and cause you and your family financial hardships. At Thomas J. Henry Law, our goal is to provide world-class legal representation and take the burden off our clients’ shoulders. Our team of more than 100 attorneys fights diligently on the behalf of each of our hardworking injured clients. Let our Austin work injury lawyers help you navigate the legal process while you focus on the healing process.
Contact us today and speak with an attorney for a free legal consultation. You can give us a call or fill out a contact form on this page and we will reach out to you. Don’t suffer any longer – call today.
Our Austin Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2,Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)