Arizona Truck Driver, Austin Woman Killed in Fiery Crash Near Van Horn, Texas
Police are investigating a fatal crash that left a truck driver and the occupant of a passenger vehicle dead.
Details of the Fatal Van Horn Crash
According to the El Paso Times, the crash occurred on Interstate 10 over Memorial Day weekend when a Honda CR-V lost control in rainy conditions and was struck by an 18-wheler. A second tractor-trailer then collided with the first 18-wheeler.
A passenger in the Honda, Viviana Carrillo, 33, of Austin, was killed in the collision as was the driver of the first 18-wheeler, Bradly Dean Johnson, 53, of Tucson. The driver of the Honda, Miranda Lili, and the driver of the second truck, Rigoberto Villalobos, were hospitalized with unspecified injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Truck Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 4,951 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks in the United States in 2018, marking a 1-percent increase from 2017.
- Of those killed in traffic accidents involving large trucks:
- 71 percent were occupants of passenger vehicles
- 18 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 11 percent were pedestrians or bicyclists
- 77 percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred on weekdays
- An additional 151,000 people were injured in trucking accidents in 2018, marking a 2-percent increase over 2017.
- Texas led the country in trucking accident deaths with 664 fatalities recorded. Texas was followed by California with 352 deaths and Florida with 321 deaths.
A Truck Accident Attorney in Texas Who is Ready to Fight for You
At Thomas J. Henry Law, we understand how difficult it is to work when you have been severely injured by a semi-truck or other commercial vehicle. That is why we can advance your court costs and litigation expenses. We can also advance money for living and medical expenses. You spend nothing and you pay no attorney’s fees unless we win your case. We do this because we have the confidence that comes with experience.
With a team of more than 200 experienced attorneys, you can rest assured that your claim is always being actively pursued. You worry about getting better, let our attorneys and dedicated support staff handled the rest.
Thomas J. Henry Law’s truck accident lawyers serve clients across Texas and nationwide from its offices in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Austin. Each office is fully staffed with the attorneys, staff, and legal resources necessary to ensure your case is handled aggressively and effectively. Should you have any questions about your legal options, call or visit one of our Texas law offices to discuss your claim. We are available 24/7, and initial consultations are always FREE!
Speak to a Truck Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Meet with a San Antonio truck accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Meet with an Austin truck accident lawyer:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)