A woman is dead and a man suffered critical injuries as a result of a head-on crash in south San Antonio.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Head-On Collision
According to News 4 SA, the fatal crash occurred just after midnight Sunday near the intersection of S. Flores Street and E. Dickson Avenue.
Police said the driver of a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer crossed the center line into oncoming traffic and slammed head-on into a 2004 Buick Rendezvous. A woman in the Rendezvous was ejected from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A second woman in the Rendezvous was transported to a nearby hospital where she was listed in stable condition. The driver of the Chevy was extricated from his vehicle and taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police determined the driver of the Chevy was intoxicated at the time of the crash. He will face charges of Intoxication Manslaughter.
The crash remains under investigation.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling in the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Remove your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Injury Attorney
If you were injured in a car crash in San Antonio or a surrounding community, call Thomas J. Henry Law for your FREE case review. Since 1993, our law firm has been committed to helping injured clients recover financial compensation. Personal injury is all our firm does, and we only represent plaintiffs – not the big companies that try to deny injured people fair compensation.
You deserve justice for your injuries, and we can help you obtain it. Speak with a San Antonio car accident lawyer about your case today. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.