About the Chicago Bus Accident
- Justyna Palka, 26, was killed after being run over by a tour bus as she walked home from work.
- According to the plaintiff’s, surveillance images show Palka was walking in a crosswalk with a green light when she was struck and run over by a charter bus owned by Pontarelli Group Charter.
- The driver, David Soto, claimed he did not see Palka in the crosswalk.
- Testing showed that Soto had cocaine in his system at the time of the accident.
- Further investigation showed that Soto was also wanted in two child-sex cases, and had 20 traffic violations between 1988 and 2008.
Palka’s Family Receives $6.75 Million Settlement for the Bus Accident
- The Palka family received $6.75 Million for the death of Justyna Palka.
- The family attorneys plan to work with legislators to make it illegal for sex offenders to operate tour buses.
- Palka’s family wishes to establish a scholarship in Justyna’s honor at School of the Art Institute in Chicago.
- Pontarelli Group Charter will help fund the scholarship program until 2022.
- Soto is currently awaiting trial for reckless homocide as well as trail for the two unrelated sexual child abuse abuse.
Contact an Experienced Bus Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys have handled a multitude of commercial vehicle accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys are available to respond to truck and bus accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices - we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
Share this article:
CNN reports that the NFL and former players involved in a lawsuit have negotiated a deal of $765 million to settle current lawsuits tied to concerns of concusions and long term brain injury.
About the NFL Concussion Lawsuits
- 4,500 former NFL players had filed lawsuits due to concerns of concussions being linked to brain damage and long term medical issues.
- The players alleged that the NFL deliberately spread misinformation denying scientific data which linked concussions and mild brain trauma to long term brain damage and disorders including Chronic Traumatic Encephalophathy (CTE).
- The players also claimed that the NFL distributed studies by its Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Committee suggesting that there was no correlation between concussions and long-term brain damage.
Terms of the NFL Concussion Settlement
“Rather than litigate literally thousands of complex individual claims over many years, the parties have reached an agreement that, if approved, will provide relief and support where it is needed at a time when it is most needed.” – Former U.S. District Judge and party mediator Layn Phillips as published by CNN
- It took the NFL and the players two years to negotiate a deal.
- As a result of the deal, the NFL will pay out a total of $765 million to settle the all the lawsuits.
The $765 million will be used to fund the following:
- Former and current player medical exams
- Compensation for concussion related injuries
- Medical research for retired NFL players
- Paying for litigation expenses
Thomas J. Henry Personal Injury Attorneys
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and Houston, Texas representing accident victims nationwide. Our priority is to provide our clients with the best legal representation. Our experienced trial attorneys are committed to defending your rights in personal injury matters including defective products, recalled drugs, child injuries, and auto accidents.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, contact our offices immediately - we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
Share this article:
Hardmenstore.com has voluntarily recalled 1000 units of 72 HP, Evil Root, and Pro Power Max which have been found to lower blood pressure.
About the Supplement Recall
- According to the FDA, the supplements have been found to contain trace amounts of the PDE-5 Inhibitor sildenafil which, when taken, lowers blood pressure to dangerous levels.
- Sildenafil was not listed on the product label and interacts with nitrates, such as nitroglycerin, which is taken by consumers with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease.
- Although there have been no confirmed cases, if taken, the supplements may cause side effects such as headaches and flushing.
- The supplements were intended for consumers as dietary and sexual supplements.
Description of Recalled Supplements
The three supplements being recalled by Hardmenstore.com are 72HP, Evil Root, and Pro Power Max
- 72 HP is in yellow packaging with a black horse insignia and is a single blister pack with 1 dose
- Evil root is in an orange box with blue Chinese characters and contains 6 pills
- Pro Power Max is in black and red packaging with flames at the bottom and is a single blister pack with 1 dose
- The products were sold by Hardmenstore.com, retailers, and distributors to customers
- Customers are being asked to stop using the supplements immediately, contact a doctor or healthcare provider if any side effects are felt, and contact Howard Andrew by email at email@example.com
- Customers may also contact the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online at www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm, through mail, or by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
Share this article: