Thomas J. Henry Law Fights for Dallas 18-Wheeler Accident Victims
Commercial transportation is big money in Texas. Despite laws and regulations put in place to keep our roads safe, some in the 18-wheeler industry continue to put profits over people by skirting state and federal requirements or ignoring them completely. When a company or driver fails to adhere to 18-wheeler traffic regulations, catastrophe can occur.
However, the trouble does not stop there. Commercial transportation companies are known to fight tooth and nail to protect their profits and pay accident victims as little as possible. These companies often employ teams of attorneys whose sole purpose is to challenge 18-wheeler accident claims and limit the company’s liability as much as possible. They will often distance themselves from the truck driver or try to place the blame for the accident on the victim.
Do not let them!
For nearly 30 years, Thomas J. Henry Law has represented 18-wheeler accident victims against commercial transportation and trucking companies. We have the resources to fight against even the largest defendants, and the attorneys and staff to ensure every case is being handled with the dedication and aggression our clients deserve.
Do not wait and risk your claim to compensation. Call our firm now to speak with a Dallas 18-wheeler accident attorney. We are available 24/7 to review your claim and will even send an attorney to you if you are unable to travel to our offices.
Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents in Dallas
On average, about 40,000 commercial vehicle accidents are recorded in Texas every year. These crashes resulted in 613 deaths in 2019 alone. While 18-wheeler accidents can have many causes, these are among the most common factors observed by our law firm:
- Driver drowsiness and fatigue
- Commercial truck drivers are responsible for complying with regulations pertaining to their hours of service, ensuring drivers receive enough sleep and rest to safely operate their vehicle.
- Dangerous lane changes
- Improper turns
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe following distance
- Failure to control speed
- Aggressive driving
- Improperly maintained vehicles and equipment
- Poor or improper training
- Unsafe company policies and procedures
Where Do Most Dallas 18-Wheeler Accidents Occur?
18-wheeler accidents tend to occur more often on congested roadways and major highways and interstates. In Dallas, this means:
- Interstate 45
- Interstate 30
- Interstate 20
- Interstate 35
- Central Expressway
- LBJ Freeway
- Loop 820
- Woodall Rodgers Freeway
Determining Fault in an 18-Wheeler Accident
In order to be compensated for your injuries, you must show that the driver of the 18-wheeler and/or their employer were at fault for the accident. This is where hiring an experienced 18-wheeler accident attorney becomes essential.
Unlike a car accident, liability may not be limited to the adverse driver alone. In fact, companies that employ commercial drivers are required by law to take certain steps to ensure the drivers they employ are properly trained and act in a reasonable manner behind the wheel. Additionally, the company must make sure their drivers follow all state and federal regulations concerning the total number of hours a commercial driver can work and how much time a driver can spend behind the wheel without a break.
When a driver fails to adhere to these regulations, their company may be held liable for the accident as well, especially if it is found that the company was aware of the driver’s infractions or pressured the driver to disobey state or federal regulations. So, depending on the circumstance of your accident, your lawsuit may actually name both the driver of the 18-wheeler and their employer.
When you hire Thomas J. Henry Law, one of our Dallas 18-wheeler accident lawyers will take immediate action to gather and preserve evidence for your claim. This includes company training materials, driver logs, and dispatch records that could suggest potential violations or demonstrate fault for your crash.
What to Consider with Hiring a Dallas 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney
Not every personal injury attorney has the experience and resources to take on a trucking company. Commercial transportation companies are no strangers to lawsuits, and their attorneys know the ins and outs of commercial trucking laws. You need a truck accident lawyer in Dallas, TX, who can level the playing field, and fight the long fight if the trucking company decides to take your lawsuit to trial.
When looking for an 18-wheeler accident attorney in Dallas:
- Hire a lawyer with significant trial experience. Experience comes from years of practice, not a law degree. Find an attorney who is at home in the courtroom, understands juror interaction, and knows how to build a strong legal case.
- Hire an attorney with access to top expert witnesses. Expert witnesses are individuals with specialized knowledge in a given field. In an 18-wheeler accident lawsuit, an expert witness can help detail the events that led to your crash and help the jurors understand the full extent of your injuries and damages.
- Hire an attorney with the resources to take on large companies. Smaller firms simply cannot withstand the onslaught of a well-financed defense team. Trucking is big business, and you can bet the companies involved will do what it takes to protect their bottom line.
- Hire an attorney with a proven track record of success. Thomas J. Henry Law has made national headlines for its ability to secure record-breaking 18-wheeler accident cases. Our attorneys have successfully litigated against Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies and have what it takes to successfully represent your claim.
Let Our Success Work for You
When it comes to 18-wheeler accidents, Thomas J. Henry Law fights fire with fire. We employ a team of more than 200 experienced attorneys and have successfully litigated against large companies and corporations for more than 25 years. 18-wheeler companies know the name Thomas J. Henry and understand that when you hire our Dallas truck accident lawyers, you are hiring a firm that is known for securing record-breaking verdicts in the courtroom. This alone can deter the trucking company from going to trial and pressure them into offering a fair settlement earlier in the process.
Contact us today for your FREE case consultation with a licensed 18-wheeler accident attorney in Dallas. Attorneys are standing by.