Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law’s Austin Office
Mr. William Newberry has had a successful law career in which he has specialized in a wide variety of legal practices including government-related, estate planning, ad valorem tax law, and personal injury matters. Some of his most accredited work would include assisting in cases involving police officers who were involved in labor issues and critical incidents, as well as handling employment issues for teachers and other school personnel. He is also very much proficient in writing petitions and pre-trial motions, and handling hearings involving a variety of legal matters.
Admitted to the Texas Bar in 1988, Mr. Newberry is a native Austinite. He attended the University of Texas at Austin where he received his BBA in Marketing, then received his Juris Doctor from Oklahoma City University School of Law. During law school, Billy was awarded the school’s A. D. Erdberg Award for Leadership, a prestigious award given to the most outstanding graduate. In addition, Mr. Newberry was President of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity.
Outside of work, Mr. Newberry is involved in several local organizations including Northwest Austin Girls Kickball and Austin Habitat for Humanity. Additionally, he’s been an established member of his church’s choir for over more than 30 years. When he’s not dedicating his time to his community, Mr. Newberry enjoys spending time with his loving wife, Joanne, and their cherished children and grandchildren.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
MEMBERSHIP AND ACTIVITIES
- School Law Section (2000-2018)
- Taxation Section, Ad Valorem Tax Committee (1989-2003)
- Estate Planning Council, Austin Chapter (1997-2005)
- Honorary Council, Austin Habitat for Humanity (1996-1998)
- Austin Independent School District, Board of Trustees (1998)
- Northwest Austin Kickball, Board of Directors (1998-2003, 2006)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, OK (J.D.)
- The University of Texas, Austin, Texas (BBA)