1 Dead, 3 Hospitalized in Eastland County Crash
Details of the Fatal Eastland County Crash
According to KTXS, Tami Dian Denton was pronounced dead at the scene after the 2013 Jeep Compass she was a passenger in was struck by a Chevrolet Suburban that lost control while attempting to pass the Jeep.
The unidentified driver of the Jeep was transported to Eastland Memorial Hospital where she was treated and released. Two passengers of the Suburban, 19-year-old Christian Perez and 18-year-old Jose Juarez, were taken to John Peter Smith Hospital in Forth Worth with serious injuries.
The department of Safety did not indicate whether the drive of the Suburban, identified as 31-year-old Jose Daniel Diaz-Alvarado, was injured or hospitalized.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
- The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) recorded 3,531 traffic-related deaths in 2015, marking little change from the 3,536 deaths recorded in 2014.
- 1,925 of the deaths recorded in 2015 occurred in rural areas of the state.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2015.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2015, TxDOT estimates that on average:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 29 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 61 seconds.