2 Killed in Benbrook Trucking Accident
Details of the Benbrook Trucking Accident
According to CBS-DFW, the fatal collision occurred when an 18-wheeler crashed into a car on Interstate 20 between Bryant Irvin and Winscott Road.
The identities of the two deceased persons were not immediately available. At least one other person was injured in the crash.
Police are still investigating the cause of the accident.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 438,000 trucking accidents occurred in 2014, resulting in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were nonoccupants, including pedestrians and bicyclists
- Texas led the nation in fatal trucking accidents with 553 deaths recorded. California followed Texas with 300 trucking fatalities reported.