3 Adults, 2 Children Injured in Multi-Vehicle Crash in a North Austin
At least five people were injured in a multi-vehicle crash that occurred in North Austin on Monday evening.
Details of the North Austin Collision
According to FOX 7 Austin, a multi-vehicle collision involving at least seven people occurred near West Braker Lane and Metric Boulevard at around 8:30 pm.
Early reports say two vehicles were found at the scene with one of the vehicles on it side. Three people were trapped in the overturned vehicle and had to be extricated by responders.
In total, three adults were sent to Dell Seton Medical Center and two children were transported to Dell Children’s Medical Center with potentially serious injuries.
The events that preceded and led to the crash are still under investigation, and it is unclear if anyone involved will face charges.
Texas Car Accident Statistics for 2019
The information below was taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- The Fatality Rate on Texas roadways for 2019 was 1.26 deaths per hundred million vehicle miles traveled. This is a 2.33% decrease from 2018.
- There were 12,897 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2019 with 15,843 people sustaining a serious injury.
- The annual vehicle miles traveled in Texas during 2019 reached 286.268 billion, an increase of 1.5% over the 282.037 billion traveled in 2018.
- Fatalities in traffic crashes in rural areas of the state accounted for 51.69% of the state’s traffic fatalities. There were 1,866 deaths in rural traffic crashes.
- Single vehicle, run-off the road crashes resulted in 1,161 deaths in 2019. This was 32.16% of all motor vehicle traffic deaths in 2019.
- In 2019 there were 731 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 600 people killed in head-on crashes in 2019.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2019.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Injury Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Contact an experienced Austin car accident lawyer. Our attorneys are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free legal consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating injuries. Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing.
In the event that a loved one has been killed in a car crash, Thomas J. Henry Law will make sure your claim is handled by one of our Texas wrongful death attorneys. Our wrongful death lawyers have the expertise necessary to prove your claim to compensation and help your family prepare for the expenses and damages caused by the sudden loss of a loved one.
Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2, Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)