3 Injured in 3 Vehicle Crash in Central Austin
Three people were injured Monday night as a result of a three-vehicle in central Austin.
Details of the Central Austin Multi-Vehicle Crash
KXAN reports the crash occurred near 7200 N. Interstate 35 near St. Johns Avenue.
At least three vehicles were involved in the crash, and three people suffered injuries as a result of the crash.
One person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, a second was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries, and a third refused transportation.
Lanes of Northbound I-35 were closed following the crash. The collision remains under investigation.
What Should I Do After an Austin Car Accident?
If you are involved in a car accident, there are several steps you can take to protect your rights and your ability to secure fair compensation.
- Pull Over and contact the police. Never flee the scene of an accident. If your car is drivable, pull over to the side of the road and away from traffic. If possible, pull into a parking lot. Turn on your hazards and use flares or reflectors if you have them. Call the police.
- Check for injuries. Evaluate yourself and other occupants for injuries. Check for blood, scrapes, or redness. Also, be aware of any pain or stiffness. If you feel pain or notice apparent injuries, call for medical help immediately. Even if you do not notice any immediate pain, seek medical attention as soon as possible as symptoms may not show up for days or weeks.
- Gather Evidence. Gather information as much as possible at the scene. This includes photos of the damage to your vehicle, road signs, and traffic signals as well as the other driver’s contact, insurance, and vehicle registration information. Be sure to get contact information from witnesses as well.
- Report the Accident to You Insurer. Most policies require you report an accident immediately. This is also best practice as you will be able to discuss medical benefits and begin your claim. Keep detailed records of any expenses related to the crash or resulting treatment.
- Call an Attorney. If your accident resulted in any injuries or expenses, consult with an attorney about your legal options. A good attorney will help build your case so that you receive the full compensation you are entitled to. They can also help you avoid pitfalls that could damage your claim.
Call Thomas J. Henry Law
Thomas J. Henry Law has represented injury victims for more than 25 years. We treat our clients with respect and are committed to their health and financial recovery. We have experienced car accident lawyers in Austin ready to assist you. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.