3 Officers, 1 Passenger Hospitalized in South Austin Crash
Three police officers and an occupant of a second vehicle were hospitalized following a crash in South Austin on Monday night.
Details of the South Austin Police Crash
According to the Chicago Tribune, the crash occurred around 9 p.m. in the 300 block of North Laramie Avenue. Three officers were traveling in an unmarked SUV when it was struck by a Chrysler 200 that ran a stop sign.
The three officers were taken to an undisclosed hospital. A passenger in the Chrysler, a 19-year-old man, was taken to Stroger Hospital. The conditions of those involved were not immediately available.
The driver of the Chrysler, a 20-year-old man, was not injured and is facing citations.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in an Austin Auto Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in a crash in Austin, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our Austin auto accident lawyers have the experience and resources to handle your claim effectively and aggressively. We can take immediate action on your claim, putting you in the best position to secure maximum compensation for your damages.
Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekend to hear your claim. Thomas J. Henry Law always works on a contingency fee basis which means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221(attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)