4 Hospitalized in San Antonio Head-On Crash
Four people are in the hospital following a head-on crash on San Antonio’s West Side Friday morning.
Details of the San Antonio Head-On Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 2:20 am and was preceded by a police chase.
A Bexar County sheriff’s deputy saw identified a stolen vehicle and attempted to stop the vehicle. Instead, the driver sped off initiating a chase through an area neighborhood.
The driver turned onto Culebra Road, but was traveling in the wrong direction. It crashed into a second vehicle at 22nd Street.
Two people in each vehicle were hospitalized with various injuries. Their conditions were not immediately available.
The crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced San Antonio Car Crash Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a car crash in San Antonio, you deserve to have your rights protected. Thomas J. Henry Law has fought for injured victims in and around Bexar County for nearly 30 years. Over that time, we have helped our clients recover substantial compensation.
Call now for your free consultation with a San Antonio car accident lawyer. We are available 24/7 to assist you.