4 Injured in Major Dallas Collision
Four people were injured Thursday nights in a multi-vehicle crash in Southeast Dallas.
Details of the Dallas Crash
CBS-DFW reports the crash occurred around 5:34 pm. Police arrived to the intersection of Great Trinity Forest Way and South Buckner Blvd to find at least six vehicles were involved in a major collision.
At least one vehicle overturned with reports describing the vehicle as being “wrapped around a pole.” The driver of the overturned vehicle was extricated by firefighters.
Two men and two women were rushed to Baylor and Parkland Hospitals. Three were reported to have suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The condition of the fourth individual was not available.
The cause of the crash is still being investigated.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in crashes on Texas roadways in 2019. This marked a slight decrease from the 3,656 deaths reported in 2018.
- 735 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in crashes in Texas with 15,855 people sustaining serious injuries.
- Based on crash data for 2019:
- A traffic death occurred in Texas every 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- A traffic injury occurred every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Injured in an Auto Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have been injured in an auto accident in or around Dallas, contact Thomas J. Henry Law for your free case consultation. Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients across Texas and throughout the United States for nearly 30 years. Over that time, we have built a reputation as a firm that gets record-breaking results.
Our Dallas car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you owe us nothing unless and until we win your case.