A plaintiff who suffered a lacerated spleen and liver from a 2011 Texas car crash was awarded $300,000 in a recent lawsuit.
Details of the Auto Accident
- According to reports, the 16-year-old plaintiff was traveling with a friend when she was ejected from the car after the driver lost control of the vehicle.
- The plaintiff alleged the driver was traveling in excess of 100 miles per hour when the car left the road and began to flip.
- The plaintiff was rushed to the emergency room via ambulance. It was determined that the plaintiff had sustained lacerations to her spleen and liver, suffered a closed head injury and sustained multiple sprains, strains and soft tissue injuries.
Jury Awards Plaintiff $300,000
- The plaintiff held underinsured motorist coverage through Allstate and sought coverage beyond that granted by the settlement with the driver’s insurance company.
- The defense argued that the driver had a history of reckless driving and that the plaintiff had made a conscious decision to get into the car and never called authorities to report the speeding despite having her cell phone.
- Beyond that, the defense claimed that the plaintiff’s injuries were not that severe, and that she had maintained a full recovery.
- The plaintiff maintained that her injuries caused her to experience frequent headaches and her injuries interfered with physical activity.
- The jury found in favor of the plaintiff awarding a verdict of $300,000.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and Austin, Texas representing accident victims nationwide.
Our attorneys are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices- we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.