Car, VIA Bus Involved in Head-On Crash on Northwest Side
Authorities are investigating a crash in which a car crashed head-on into a VIA bus on San Antonio’s Northwest Side.
About the San Antonio VIA Bus Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred Wednesday morning around 6 am.
The VIA says the bus was traveling westbound on Wurzbach Road near Cairo when a car traveling in the opposite direction crossed into its path and hit the bus head-on.
Three passengers were on the bus when the crash occurred. One passenger on the bus stated it appeared the car was trying to get around traffic.
The crash remains under investigation.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling in the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Remove your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one were injured in a car crash in or around San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law.
For more than 25 years, our San Antonio car accident attorneys have helped injured clients recover compensation for their accidents, injuries, and damages. Call now for a free case review.
We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.