Critical Pedestrian Accident near Austin: Revived After Being Hit by Car
A pedestrian was struck by a car on February 1st, 2024, near Austin, Texas. They were reportedly revived by first responders after suffering severe injuries.
The pedestrian sustained critical injuries Thursday morning after being struck by a car near Pflugerville, according to CBS Austin.
Austin-Travis County EMS (ATCEMS) responded to the scene near the intersection of West Howard Lane and South Heatherwilde Boulevard just after 7 a.m. Medics immediately administered CPR and were able to revive the adult patient before transporting them to St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center with critical, life-threatening injuries.
Austin Traffic Accidents: Tips to Avoid Pedestrian, Motorcyclist, and Vehicle Accidents
As one of the fastest-growing cities in America, Austin has seen a surge in traffic accidents including injuries and fatalities. According to Austintexas.gov, 2022 marked the highest number of traffic fatalities ever recorded in Austin, Texas, with 116 fatal crashes resulting in 122 fatalities. To combat this alarming trend, it is crucial for both drivers and pedestrians to adopt safe practices and avoid behaviors that contribute to accidents, such as drunk driving, distracted driving, and texting while driving.
Enhance your safety on the road by following these effective tips to prevent traffic accidents:
1. Avoid Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a major cause of accidents. Avoid using your phone, eating, or engaging in other activities that take your attention away from the road.
2. Be Extra Cautious at Intersections: Intersections are a common location for motorcycle accidents. Approach intersections with caution and always be prepared to stop.
3. Be Aware of Your Surroundings: Avoid distractions such as your phone while walking or crossing the street. Pay attention to traffic and avoid putting yourself in dangerous situations.
4. Wear a Helmet: A helmet is the single most effective way to reduce the risk of serious injury or death in a motorcycle accident.
5. Maintain a Safe Following Distance: Keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you to allow for ample time to react if they brake suddenly.
6. Cross the Street at Designated Crosswalks: Always cross the street at designated crosswalks and follow traffic signals.
7. Never Drive Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs: Alcohol and drugs impair your judgment and coordination, making it dangerous to drive. If you plan to drink, arrange for a designated driver or use a ride-hailing service.
8. Dress for Visibility: Wear bright, reflective clothing to make yourself more visible to other drivers, especially at night.
9. Maintain a Safe Following Distance: Keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you to allow for ample time to react if they brake suddenly.
10. Maintain Your Motorcycle and Check Tire Pressure Regularly: Ensure your motorcycle is in good working condition and that your tires are properly inflated.
Injured in a Pedestrian Accident? Contact an Austin Personal Injury Attorney
- If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident in or around Austin, it is in your best interest to speak with a qualified Austin personal injury attorney.
- For more than 30 years, Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients across Texas in a wide variety of personal injury matters. During that time, we have helped our clients secure meaningful compensation and helped them get their lives back to normal.
- Do not wait – our attorneys are standing by 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now for your FREE Case Review.