Driver, Passenger Hospitalized in Rollover Accident on Highway 281
A 17-year-old driver and their passenger were hospitalized as a result of a rollover crash on Highway 281 early Monday morning.
Details of the San Antonio Rollover
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 3 am along the 13600 block of U.S. Highway 281 North near Bitters Road.
Police say a grey Hyundai Sonata was traveling southbound on Highway 281 when it lost control and drove off the highway. The car entered the grassy median between the highway and the access road, drove into an embankment, and flipped over.
Both the driver and the passenger were wearing their seatbelts and were transported to the hospital in stable condition.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249