Drunk Driving Accident Kills Couple on Their Way to Dallas Airport for France Trip
Fatal Dallas Crash Discovered by Relative in Search of Couple
FOX 4 News reports Promise Hamilton, 23, and Luis Solano, 26, were killed early Sunday morning when a suspected drunk driver ran a red light at the intersection of Dallas Parkway and Frankford Road and struck their vehicle. The initial collision caused Hamilton’s car to collide with a pole.
The crash was discovered by relatives who went to look for Hamilton and Solano after they failed to check in. Both Hamilton and Solano were pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected drunk driver was transported to the hospital in critical condition. Upon recovery, he faces two counts of intoxication manslaughter.
The identity of the suspected drunk driver has not been released.
Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,531 traffic-related deaths were recorded in Texas in 2015. This marked little change form the 3,536 traffic fatalities reported in 2014.
- 807 of the fatalities recorded in 2015 were associated with accidents that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- Alcohol was considered a factor in 960 traffic deaths in 2015. This is 27% of the total number of people killed in traffic crashes in 2015.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2015, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a crash in Texas every 2 hours and 29 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 61 seconds.