Fed-Ex Worker Injured Hand in Workplace Accident
A Fed-Ex employee injured his hand during a workplace accident in Middletown, Connecticut Monday night.
Fed-Ex Worker Suffers Hand Injury in Connecticut
According to the Middletown Press, a Fed-Ex employee’s hand was injured on-site at the Fed-Ex campus on Middle Street. Police responded to the scene after 8 p.m. The injury was considered non-life-threatening and was treated at a local hospital.
The incident is under investigation since OSHA should have been notified. No foul play is suspected at this time.
Workplace Accident Statistics
Every year, thousands of workers experience injuries or illnesses while working on-site. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) most-recent Survey of Occupational Injuries & Illnesses, the total number of injuries per 100 full-time workers remained unchanged at 2.8 in 2019.
According to BLS data, the occupations with the most non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses are as follows:
- Health care and social assistance (544,800 workplace injuries and 32,700 workplace illnesses)
- Retail trade (401,100 workplace injuries and 8,800 workplace illnesses)
- Manufacturing (395,300 workplace injuries and 35,000 workplace illnesses)
- Accommodation and food services (271,000 workplace injuries and 7,600 workplace illnesses)
- Transportation and warehousing (213,100 workplace injuries and 8,300 workplace illnesses)
- Construction (195,600 workplace injuries and 3,600 workplace illnesses)
- Wholesale trade (157,100 workplace injuries and 3,700 workplace illnesses)
- Administrative and waste services (112,800 workplace injuries and 5,800 workplace illnesses)
- Other services (except public administration) (70,800 workplace injuries and 1,900 workplace illnesses)
- Professional and technical services (66,100 workplace injuries and 4,400 workplace illnesses)
Contact an Experienced Work Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured on the job, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Workplace accident victims deserve quality, dynamic representation from attorneys with the experience and legal resources to properly develop their case. Oftentimes, workplace injuries are severe and debilitating and put individuals out of work for an extended period of time.
Our work accident lawyers will take immediate action on your case and make sure you are comfortable and informed throughout the entire legal process. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.