Five Hospitalized, One Critical, After South Side San Antonio Crash
A 10-year-old girl is in critical condition and four others have been hospitalized after a two-vehicle crash on San Antonio’s South Side.
Details of the South Side San Antonio Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred Saturday afternoon at the intersection of Del Lago Parkway and Highway 281 South.
Police say a Ford Focus hatchback approached a stoplight at the intersection when, according to the driver, a malfunction occurred with the stoplight. As the Ford Focus was attempting to reverse out of the intersection, it was t-boned by a pickup.
All four occupants of the Focus were transported to the hospital, including the 10-year-old girl who suffered a critical leg injury. One of the three occupants of the pickup was also transported to the hospital.
Police are investigating the accident and the possible stoplight malfunction. No charges have been filed in the accident.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249