Illegal Street Race Results in 8 Car Pile Up
Multiple people, including two children, were injured in San Antonio on December 27 during a multi-vehicle crash believed to be caused by street racing.
About the Eastbound Racing Pileup
A KSAT News said the accident occurred in the eastbound lanes of Loop 410 near Callaghan Road.
Multiple people of various ages had to be treated by emergency services and authorities revealed that two children were also hurt in the accident.
Preliminary reports say a Chevrolet Tahoe started the onset of a chain reaction of crashes. In total, eight vehicles were determined to be involved in the crash.
No serious injuries were reported, and the crash remains under investigation.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced San Antonio car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.