Motorcyclist Killed in Lubbock Crash
Details of the Lubbock Motorcycle Crash
According to KCBD, emergency crews responded to the scene of the motorcycle accident shortly after 8:00 am.
Preliminary reports say the driver of a pickup stopped in the roadway due to vehicle problems. The motorcyclist, identified as Roy Cardenas, 32, struck the rear passenger side of the truck. Cardenas was not wearing a helmet at the time of the collision.
The driver of the pickup sustained minor injuries in the accident.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,531 people were killed in traffic accidents in Texas in 2015, marking little change from the 3,536 deaths reported in 2014.
- Of those killed, 459 were motorcyclists. 52 percent of motorcyclists killed were not wearing helmets at the time of their crash.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in traffic accidents in Texas in 2015.
- TxDOT estimates that:
- One person was killed in a traffic crash in Texas every 2 hours and 29 minutes in 2015.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 61 seconds.