Police are investigating a fatal accident that left one person dead and a second injured on San Antonio’s North Side.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Collision
KSAT reports the fatal crash occurred around 2:20 am Sunday near the intersection of Loop 410 and Jackson Keller Road.
Police said a wrong-way driver was heading east in the westbound lanes of Loop 410 when they collided head-on with a pickup truck. The impact caused the pickup to collide with a third vehicle.
The driver of the pickup was transported to University Hospital by EMS with serious injuries. The wrong-way driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Portions of 410 were closed for several hours as the scene was investigated and cleared.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Involved in a Car Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car crash, it is typically in your best interest to speak with an attorney about your claim. Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients involved in car accidents for more than 25 years and can help you achieve fair compensation for your injury and damages.
Our San Antonio car accident attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. Call or visit our San Antonio offices now.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249