One person is dead following a crash involving a Dodge pickup and a Lexus sedan on N. Central Expressway in Richardson.
Details of the Deadly Richardson Crash
According to CBS-DFW, the crash happened around 3:22 am Wednesday morning.
Investigators say a Lexus sedan that was stopped in the left lane of the 2000 block of N. Central Expressway was rear-ended by a Dodge pickup truck.
A passenger in the Lexus sedan was declared dead at the scene. The driver was rushed to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the pickup was not injured.
It is currently unclear why the sedan was stopped or whether it had its hazard lights on. Those involved in the crash have not been identified.
The crash remains under investigation.
What To Do If You’ve Been Involved in a Crash
Crashes are never expected and can leave those involved confused and at a loss of what to do next. Though stressful, there are a few steps you can take, if able, that can help protect your safety, your health, and your rights.
- Check yourself and those with you for injuries. Adrenaline can mask pain and injuries, so take a moment to evaluate yourself. If you or anyone else has sustained an injury, call 911 for an ambulance.
- Provide information to the police. If a law enforcement officer responds to the scene of the crash, give them as many facts about the crash as possible. The more detailed your police report, the better.
- Exchange information with the other driver. This includes name, contact information, and insurance information. If the other driver does not have proof of insurance, call the police.
- Take pictures of the scene, but only if it is safe to do so. You should try to document as much as possible with your pictures. The crash, your vehicle, the other party’s vehicle, your injuries, relevant road signs or traffic signals, and environmental conditions.
- Speak with witnesses and get their information. Witnesses can help corroborate your recollection of how the crash occurred as well as provide additional details.
- Focus on your health. If you were taken to the hospital via ambulance, be sure to attend any and all follow-up appointments. Even if you are feeling better, that does not mean your injuries have healed. If you did not go to the hospital immediately after your crash, consider a check-up just to make sure you are not missing any potential injuries that may become symptomatic later.
Speak to an Experienced Dallas Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a crash in or around Dallas, Texas, call Thomas J. Henry Law.
For more than 25 years, the car accident attorneys at Thomas J. Henry Law have helped injured victims recover fair compensation for their accidents and injuries. From pain and suffering to lost wages to medical bills, we work to ensure clients receive financial compensation for all of their damages.
Do not wait! Our Dallas auto accident attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you with your claim. Further, because we work on a contingency fee basis, our clients pay nothing unless and until we win their case. Call now for your FREE Case Review.