One man is dead and three others were hospitalized after a major head-on crash in Sugar Land Tuesday evening.
Details of the Sugar Land Crash
According to KPRC 2, the fatal crash occurred around 8:00 pm at the intersection of Highway 6 and US-90.
While it is unclear how many vehicles were involved in the crash, police did disclose that at least one person was killed and at least three were hospitalized.
The deceased driver was identified as 50-year-old Kiet Ton.
The crash remains under investigation.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Remove your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Speak with an Experienced Houston Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a car crash in Houston or a surrounding area, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate help.
Our Houston car accident attorneys have helped thousands of clients recover fair compensation for their accidents and injuries. We have the experienced and resources to ensure your case is handled with the attention and aggression you deserve.
Call now for your FREE Case Review.