One person is dead and two others are injured as a result of a fiery collision in southwest Fort Worth.
Details of the Fatal Fort Worth Collision
FOX 4 News reports the Fort Worth traffic accident occurred around 11 pm Tuesday on eastbound Interstate 20 near McCart Avenue.
Police say a car rear-ended an SUV on the interstate, causing the SUV to catch on fire. One person was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two other people were taken to the hospital; however, the extent of their injuries was not immediately available.
The Fort Worth car crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Injured in a Car Accident in Fort Worth? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you were injured in a car accident in or around Fort Worth, call Thomas J. Henry Law. For more than 25 years, our law firm has represented clients across Texas. Over that time, we have secured record-breaking verdicts and settlements and built a reputation for being a firm that gets results.