One Killed in Austin Pedestrian Accident
One person is dead following a pedestrian accident that occurred in central Austin early Sunday morning.
Details of the Fatal Austin Pedestrian Accident
KXAN reports the fatal incident occurred around 5:35 am in the 5700 block of Airport Boulevard and involved a vehicle and a pedestrian.
The pedestrian was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
The details of what led to the accident and information on the vehicle and driver involved were not immediately available. The crash remains under investigation.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Legal Representation from Thomas J. Henry
Being involved in an accident can have long-term consequences and you should not have to deal with this alone. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer at Thomas J. Henry Law today. Our team will fight to ensure you are properly compensated after suffering an injury in a pedestrian accident.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)